Throwback Thursday

Everywhere you look it's #tbt or Throwback Thursday. So, what I've decided is that every Thursday, I'll be sharing a book I've read in the past. It'll be my #tbt. This week I've decided to share one of my favorites. 

Slammed by Colleen Hoover. This was actually my first book by this wonderful author. 

I recently did a re-read of Slammed. I read it about once a year since its been released. 

Layken Cohen, or Lake as she is called by her family, moved from Texas to Michigan with her mother and younger brother Kel after the unexpected death of  her father. Minutes after she arrives, she meets Will Cooper, who lives across the street. Kel has already made fast friends with Will's younger brother. Fast forward 3 days and brief encounters with Will, Lake finds herself on a mind blowing first date with him.

I loved this book. Will has an honest quality about him. You really can't help but love him. He loves his brother and quickly becomes a fixture within the Cohen household, but just not how Lake would like. A few days after their first date  , they realize they just can't be together no matter how bad they want to. 


One of my favorite characters is Lake's new best friend from school, Eddie. Eddie's life hasn't always been the best, but she always is grateful for everything g she has. Her boyfriend Gavin and her made such a sweet couple. 

I love how this boo made me cry at some of the most unexpected times. Eddie's birthday party just about did me in. As I read it each year, I've learned in affected by different parts emotional each time.

Slammed introduced me to 2 things. Slam poetry and the Avett Brothers. Slammed poetry plays a big part of the book. It's one of Will's passions. The Avert Brothers are an amazing Folk Rock band. Each chapter begins with a quote from them, so of course I had to listen to a few songs. When I did, I fell in love with their sound. 

Well, there you go. My first Throwback recommendation. Slammed is one of my all time favorites. So hopefully if you haven't read it, you'll give it a try. 


Designed by FlexyCreatives