Pucked



Oh. My. Sharona.

I've just finished Pucked by Helena Hunting and let me tell you. This book was amazing! I completely fell in love with it. I love romance books that are loaded with humor, and this one was overloaded with it! 

So, Violet Hall lives in the pool house on her mom and stepfather's property. Her stepbrother is Buck Butterson, a pro hockey player. Buck's been recently traded to her city of Chicago, to the Hawks. During an after game dinner, Violet meets Alex Waters, the gorgeous captain of the Hawks. And thus, their crazy, hilarious love story begins.

I can't believe it's taken me so long to read Pucked. Violet is a crazy, hot mess. She has absolutely no filter, but as the ridiculous and sometimes crude comments fly out of her mouth, she's usually mortified. This causes her to because even more inappropriate. With the constant reference to her beaver and the MC, I don't find it annoying or immature at all. Maybe it's just because I'm a little crazy and immature. I found myself constantly laughing and her inappropriate comments.

And Alex. I love his sexy, awkwardness. He's great and powerful on and off the ice. But has the whole sexy, player reputation that Violet is understandably  wary of. He has to prove himself, possibly a little too much, to Violet and prove his intentions are true and that he's not the manwhore player the media makes him out to be. 

Now, can I just say I loved Violet's mother Skye? She is a hoot and it's clear that Violet gets her craziness from her. Robbie , Alex's dad, is also something else. This book gave me lots of laughs and such and enjoyable story. 


I absolutely recommend this book to anyone with a sense of humor. It definitely got 5⭐️ from me. Pucked is told in first person dual POV, which are my favorite. It also sets up the story for the second standalone in the series, Pucked Up, featuring Buck and Alex's sister Sunny. 


Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives